Zucchini Crust Pizza Recipe
Kirsten, our Personal Trainer of the Month has given us a couple of her favorite recipes! We couldn't resist posting this one...
I look at food a little differently---Whether you want to call it Clean, Whole 30, or Paleo, this recipe adheres to it all and just in time for fall!
Fall brings football and football brings lots of food--one popular being pizza but here is my different take on pizza....Don't knock it till' you try it.
1. Shred Zucchini
2. Drain Zucchini as much as possible-- the more effort you put into getting the water out the better the crust but if you are in a time crunch--don't stress. This can be done by applying pressure to the shredded zucchini while in a collander or even using a towel to squeeze out the liquid.
2. Add Eggs, Parmesan Cheese, Flax Seed Meal, Garlic Salt and Greek Seasoning (whatever Seasonings are your favorite) to the shredding zucchini. Mix.
3. Spread onto a cookie sheet (I always put down parchment paper--saves on cleaning and keeps it from sticking)
4. Sprinkle with the almond flour.
5. Bake Crust for about 30 minutes on 400-- until it begins to harden or becomes golden brown on the edges.
6. Add sauce, toppings and cheese and bake for another 10-20 minutes.
Stay tuned for a shake recipe that will make you wish it was fall all year round!
Leave a Reply.