Stephanie is demonstrating our exercise of the week, Bird Dog.
What it Works: glutes, hamstrings, spinal erectors & abs (TVA)
If you are looking for a personal trainer, look no more! Give us a call so we can set you up with a trainer who is right for you!
Here is a link to our personal training page, where you will find all of our trainers and a little more about each!
Our trainer of the month, Stephanie, loves this fun and colorful dish! Of course you can tweak it to fit your style, but this is the recipe she uses from budgetbytes.com!
Oven Roasted Ratatouille
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
Standing One Arm Cable Row
What it Works: Back of shoulders and back (specifics if you want them-- Rhomboids, trapezius, and latissimus dorsi)
It still feels like summer to us, so cool off with this refreshing salad! Stop by your local Farmers Market and stock up on some of these ingredients and fall in love with this light but oh-so-filling salad!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 8 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
• 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom) in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
• 1 teaspoon (or more) fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
• 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as dill, basil, and mint)
• 6 cups fresh arugula leaves or small watercress sprigs
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Stephanie, our August trainer of the month wants to share her 3 favorite exercises!
1. Glute Bridge
2. Front Squat
3. Dead Lift (Video)
Exercise of the week: The Split Squat
What it works:
Quadriceps, Glutes, Hamstrings
Appropriate placement in an exercise program:
Lower body day, full body day, circuit using body weight any day
For more information about this exercise or if you are interested in working with a personal trainer give us a call @ 901-522-1559 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey! Have you heard the news? We are excited to announce that Stephanie Steele will be our new group fitness coordinator. Stephanie will also be teaching our spin classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, along with her combo class Tuesday evenings. Come check it out!