If you like this, you'll love these:
We found this yummy recipe on MyFitnessPal and it looked too good not to share!
Harvest Salad with Creamy Pumpkin Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the dressing (makes 8 servings)
Recipe type: Salad
1 small/medium butternut squash, diced
1 large leaf of kale, stem removed
½ cup cranberries
¼ cup walnuts, toasted
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
1 cup quinoa
2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Shake
Who doesn't love pumpkin in the fall? What better way than to start your morning with it!
Smoothies/shakes are perfect for on the go--make in advance and freeze them.
1. 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree--try to stay away from Cans that say pumpkin Pie mix--its mainly sugar. You can also make your own pumpkin puree if you are feeling ambitious.
2. 1/2 cup Coconut Milk or Almond milk---personal preference
3. 1 Banana
4. 1/4 cup of flax seed meal
5. Extra add ins--Tbsp. Chia Seed, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Protein Powder, Vanilla Extract.
Kirsten, our Personal Trainer of the Month has given us a couple of her favorite recipes! We couldn't resist posting this one...
I look at food a little differently---Whether you want to call it Clean, Whole 30, or Paleo, this recipe adheres to it all and just in time for fall!
Fall brings football and football brings lots of food--one popular being pizza but here is my different take on pizza....Don't knock it till' you try it.
We asked our trainer of the month, Jeremy, what his favorite recipe was! He gave us this yummy Caramelized Cajun Chicken recipe! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
-4 BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST (I TRIM ALL FAT)
-4 TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR
-4 TABLESPOONS CAJUN SPICES (I ADD A LOT MORE... JUST SPICE TO YOUR LIKING)
Our trainer of the month, Stephanie, loves this fun and colorful dish! Of course you can tweak it to fit your style, but this is the recipe she uses from budgetbytes.com!
Oven Roasted Ratatouille
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
It still feels like summer to us, so cool off with this refreshing salad! Stop by your local Farmers Market and stock up on some of these ingredients and fall in love with this light but oh-so-filling salad!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 8 cups 1 1/4-inch chunks seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
• 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (preferably heirloom) in assorted colors, cored, cut into 1 1/4-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
• 1 teaspoon (or more) fleur de sel or coarse kosher salt
• 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as dill, basil, and mint)
• 6 cups fresh arugula leaves or small watercress sprigs
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 ounces)
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Salmon on the grill is an easy and flavorful way to eat fish. Not only is it a highly nutritious food, but did you know that a 4 oz serving of salmon provides a full day’s requirement of vitamin D? This heart-healthy fish is rich in protein as well as many vitamins and minerals essential for human health.
Salmon with Lemon and Capers
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
Triple Berry Salad with Spiced Pecans
Well...we've been "pinteresting" again! July 4th is right around the corner and we don't want you miss out on the good stuff. We found this yummy trife that not only screams red, white, and blue...but tastes amazing too!